• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reason and Fruity Loops

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crisis757

Registered
I've got Reason 2.5 (all 3 CD's)
and I've got Fruity Loops 4.1

I want to play my guitar through one of these packages so that I can mix and play with effects (without me having to buy peddles), does anyone have any knowledge on how to do this? Ive got a 1/4, 1/8 converter plug, so my guitar is jacked into the PC no problem, but I don't know if its meant to go to Input (blue hole) or Mic (red hole) or where?

and what do I need to do in either one of the software packages I have, do I need to do to make this work?

All suport would be appreciated

I am pretty sure the mic input is meant for weaker input signals. I would try it in the line-in jack and do some trial recordings. open up the program and see how loud it records at.

OK, dreamingwolf sent me over. ill be glad to help.

First off, to power ur guitar, ud hook it up to mic-input. the problem is, it wont sound very good and chances are youll get a hiss or a buzz in your recordings. Also it will have a very flat sound.

Im assuming you have an amp. Practice amps are ok for this, most have a headphones jack or emulated line out. You plug that into line in. Line in, doesnt have a pre-amp on it like Mic - in does. by preamp i mean it cant power anything.

The way i do it personally is use my nifty little 8 track beringer mixer (pretty cheap now, GREAT QUALITY) Mic the amp with the mixer (place the big mic pointing at the speaker cone) and run the TAPE OUT of the mixer to the LINE IN of the soundcard.

Also, when you use your mic input, make sure you go into Start/accessories/entertainment/volume control, unmute the mic, and then go into options on the mixer. PLace a check in the mic box if there isnt one already, and hten click the "recodring" radio button. then ok. this will give u a smaller mixer to set up the input device for recording. Simply place a check next to "select" by micro phone and slowly turn it up.

I am not familliar w. reason , my brother has fruity loops though i shall take a look. i have no idea how you would set it up in those progs, but generally in mixing/recording apps its based on what ur sound card mixer settings are.

Hope this helps.

Back