• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installing Win2k w/SATA Dual Boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhantomOSX2

Registered
I recently bought me a SamSung 160GB SATA drive and installed WinXP Pro on it with no problem.

Over a week or so I decided that I wanted to put Win2k on there as well so I can have the choice between the two. So I take out a floppy and put the SATA drivers on it and I make another partition with Partition Magic so that I can install Win2k.

Then I boot from my Win2k CD and press F6 and so on and I noticed that the drivers didn't load. So I go back into Windows, delete the partition and try installing it on the drive with no partitions, and the drivers then work.

No matter what the drivers don't seem to work when I make a partition with the 160GB. Yet I don't want to get rid of WinXP just to install Win2k. Does anyone know how I can get this to work? Thanks

Back