• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video Card Problems!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crisis757

Registered
Ok guys, I'm really stumped on this.

Let me start by giving you my system specs:

AMD64 2500+ @ 2.2ghz (stock speed) socket 939
ASUS A8V mobo
Albatron nvidia fx 5900xt video card
Aspire 520 watt PSU
120gb seagate

Anyways...heres my problem. I have had my video card for about 3 months, then yesterday, I load up counter-strike to play...it takes FOREVER to get into a server, but once i did, it was all choppy and slow. I used the netgraph command to check my fps and its jumping all around between 20 and 40, and I normally get 100 steady.

I thought I had a corrupt CS File, so i reinstalled all of my CS files. Same problem. I rebooted...same problem.

Then, my friend calls me to play bf. so it takes WAYYYY longer than it should to load, and the logos are all slow and choppy when they play. All the parts of the menu that involve video are loading REALLY slow, and the background sound is going on and off. I just got done updating the drivers. That didn't work., I've tried reseating the video card, I was recently in the bios and while there checked on the agp settings, they should be fine but I will check again.

I have no idea why one day it just started doing this...

I NEED your help.

Back