• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need ms-dos on xp?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rashio_UK

hi,
i am trying to get a game to run but it is an old game and when i try to install it a message comes up saying
the system is not sutiable for running ms-dos and microsoft windows applications...

do i need to get ms-dos or run the program in ms-dos?

thanks

electromagnetic said:
You could also just boot your system with one of the many free versions of DOS available. Most fit on a single floppy.
Or CD. Bootable DOS or win98-DOS CDs are extremely useful for diagnostic purposes. Simply make sure you have the CD-ROM drive set as a boot device before the HDD.

Or as yet another option, try DOSBox. It's a DOS emulator, and is good stuff. Really graphically intensive games can require a powerful CPU to run, but 3.5GHz should be enough for most of 'em ;) Be sure to check their compatibility list in case your game is one of the few that has issues with the emulator :)

JigPu

Back