• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CAD program for case design

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sunrunner20

Masta Tweeka!
I am working on designing a case for my next computer and I am going to need a CAD program to start drawing it up soon. But, I have no idea what program to use. I have heard that I could probably do it in a version of AutoCAD, but that program is expensive and I would have to get a trial and do it in 30 days, or draw it up at one of my sister’s friend’s house. Are there alternatives to AutoCAD?

Maybe not true CAD but Descreet has the G-Max program that does 3D Modeling. Only problem is I don't think theres dimension's in there to use to messure something.

Considered Gmax. But I decided to finally go w/ AutoCAD because the friend I spoke of earlier had an extra license. I am so lucky, hopefully I will like and be able to afford to buy AutoCAD. Thanks for the help everybody.
Now to find tutorials on AutoCAD…. :burn:

Take it friom a true CADman(it's what I do for a living). Autocad is definately what you want to use. The 2004 edition has excelent built it help features.:burn:

Back