• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need MB Drivers for HP Pavilion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MoreSpeed

Registered
I was given a Hewlett Packard Pavilion XE763 running ME but it doesn't run very well. I want to put XP on it but i can't find any motherboard drivers. I went to HP/Compaq and they only have video drivers, bios update & cd-rw firmware. I googled for two hours with no luck. Does HP not want me to mess with there Pc or what?

Every huge corporation uses OEM mobos so it's difficult, if not impossible, to find mobo drivers. Personally, I run my old Sony without it's mobo drivers and all runs well. Only worry about them if your system doesnt function well or at all. Don't waste your time because all you will get is frustrated.

Just open the case and see what chipset is on the mobo and dl those drivers. Windows XP will most likely have a generic driver built in for your mobo, especially if it is an Intel mobo and since your system came with ME on it, that tells me that it is an older mobo and XP will almost certainly have a driver for your board. Dont get too excited over it, between this site and your windows XP disc your problem should be easily solved. The only thing that you will probably have to dl a newer driver for is the sound and video and lan if all of that is built onto the board, but even then XP might even have drivers for those.

try downloading "Everest Home Edition" and it should tell you what chipset is on the motherboard. Most likely an Intel, so you can just go to Intel's site and get the latest from them.

Hey thanks for the help guys!!!! Now i'm not afraid to wipe this baby out and load up XP.

I am glad that we where able to help. Win. XP is very backwards compatable, and it will work on just about anything as long as you have enough memory installed.

Back