• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LSA Shell (Expot Version)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quattro

This error keeps freezing my computer at work.
It then gives me 60 seconds to save then it shuts down.
I'm trying to get windows updates, it only happens when I connect to the internet.

Sorry it's not very informative, only got 8 seconds left.

You are infected with Sasser. Man your computers are a mess lately! :D

Download Avert Stinger: http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

This will scan for and remove the infection.

If your computer begins to count down press windows+R and type shutdown /a and this will abort the shutdown process. Repeat as necessary. Removing the network cable from the wall will also stop this from occuring - once you obtain the files you need you no longer need a network connection.

You will also need to get windows updates to patch vulnerabilities and prevent reinfection. You should atleast have SP1a installed along with this from microsoft.

Last edited:
Thanks IMOG!
These are actually my work computers.

We are just updating to XP Pro, and it is a pain.
They are running crappy old PII's, I'm having a meeting later with the Boss to get upS on AMD Semprons 2200+, 256mb RAM, and Asus A7S8X-M.

I think'll be a good system for office use.
I work at a car dealership, so we need to use the internet, networks, display images of cars, etc.

Is there anyway I can have a programm that I can send messages to computers and it will store them. It's so save paper. So like "Paul, please call Mr. Winters" will come up on their screen. I don't think Netsend works with service pack2?

Netsend will work, but after service pack two you have to manually enable the messenger service on each computer - this is a good feature of the security update from MS because the messenger service and the net send tool is rarely used but often abused by spammers. To enable it press windows+r and type services.msc then find the messenger service, right click on it and go to properties and set it to automatic startup then press the button to start the service now. Any computer that is running the messenger service will be able to send and receive net send messages, and all you have to do is open a command prompt and type "net send Paul'sPC call mr.winters". Paul'sPC would be his actual computer name.

You can do that, however it would probably be more useful to just install AIM on each machine as that is easier to communicate quickly with. :)

BTW with the sasser thing - if you disinfect and patch one computer, you will want to leave it disconnected from the network until you ensure all other computers on the network are also disinfected.

Back