• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Restart/ Shutdown issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

firezone2k

I am getting an issue with my windows restart. I'm on a Dell 4550 XP Pro. I reformatted with some difficulties but i managed. All programs up and running great. All earlier issues entirely resolved. Registry has even been restored to original config. or at least repaired. i have backed up my registry and currently have all important data backed up as well. The only single problem I have is when I hit START... TURN OFF MY COMPUTER...RESTART it takes about 2.5 minutes and the screen turns blank blue. I have to hit power button off/on. When I do the same thing as above but I hit TURN OFF it restarts the PC. So I went into system start-up and recovery and clicked off restart automatically. I recieved this blue DOS(?) screen. A blue screen with white type... "DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE". I'm totally stumped of course, and I don't want the easy way out, and to hear the echoeing REFORMAT dude! It's a DELL. Please help. I'll even accept technical jargon, if it's step by step to fix this weird problem. Also I have checked my driver(s) status and all is well. Yes, I even looked at hidden devices. NO problems there, and I backed ALL drivers up as well.

Back