• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MultiBoot WinXP Pro + Windows 95 OSR2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diggingforgold

Is this do-able on:

Athlon XP 1700+ Pally
Asus A7N266-VM
-Onboard Everything
256MB PC2700
40GB Maxtor 5400RPM
LiteOn 16x DVD
Mitsumi Floppy Drive

I miss the good ole feel of Win4.0. If this is do-able, am I safe with such a large disk?

I don't see why it wouldn't be doable. I just doubt you will be able to find Win95 drivers for everything. The disk should not be an issue though, you will just need to create a FAT partition at the beginning of the drive for 95 to use.

Why do you want to do this?

I dunno. I fell in love with computers at about the time Windows 95 was big. I have this spare computer here, and I thought I might as well mess around the OS I grew up on :D. OSR2 can be installed on FAT32, can't it?

Argghh... didn't work.

Device IOS failed to initialize. Windows Protection Error. You must reboot your computer.

Apparently Win95 doesn't like some AMD processors above 350MHz. There is a fix... but I found out it has to be installed from in the GUI (which if MS wasn't so retarded would realize that a Windows Protection Error means you can't get in GUI).

Help!

Back