• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCForums as Family

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DreamingWolf

Wheel Walker
Since you all have become, in many ways, a closer family to me than my blood relatives (except for mom :D ) I hope you'll humor me in this short rant.

[RANT]
How pathetic is it that my own brother and sister, who are both in their 40s, cannot even be bothered to have my name spelled correctly in our father's obituary?????
[/RANT]

Thanks.
And thank you for being the best place to come and hide while dealing with this whole mess.

DWolf:cool:

Thanks, I'm not sure which is the worst, losing my dad, dealing with my siblings, or spending the next week with only dial-up :cry:
(j/k obviously losing my dad)

Gosh! Losing a parent is hard. My condolences.
May be you need time away from you siblings. Take a break and go see the Yellowstone National Park.

Sorry to hear about your Dad- a big loss for anyone. Your sibs may just be reacting to their loss by not thinking too clearly, everyone reacts differently in this situation.

Hang in there !

My most sincere condolences as well. Loss of any family member is a sad time.
I well know how you feel, My own parents neglected to inform me of my grandmothers passing until about an hour before the funeral.

As itshondo said, Family members indeed may not be thinking clearly. Patience, and things should clear themselves up.

There are times when not even family is dependable for anything. Trust me, I know.

Thank you all so much for your support.

I have, since arriving, learned from my mom that my brother did confirm the spelling of my middle name with her before leaving the funeral home. So he wasn't being totally thoughtless. Even if he did later mess up (which I'm no longer cartain he did) I've decided to blame the newspaper for the mess. That way things won't get any worse between us (at least not on this trip :-/ )

Thank you all again, it really helps alot to have a place to go and relax, and sometimes even forget for a short time the events in the rest of my life :)

*hugs* Everyone needs one once in a while. I have lost many family members since my 20 years of being alive including a brother whom I was close too. Hollar if you need anything or help.

Very sorry to hear about your Dad DWolf. Any time you feel the need to rant then you got a friend to rant on. My family had forgotten my b-day 5 years in a row. Not that it compares to your loss. Take care.

BK

Back