• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with timings, @ 500mhz D43 chips

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Capt Fiero

Ok quick and to the point. I have Hynix D43 chipped PC3200

I am running 250fsb with ram 1-1

Really loose timings

3-4-4-8 I belive.

What should be safe to tweak and in what direction.

You could try 2.5-3-3-7, but I would not be suprised if they can't run tighter than you have them.

I did not try 2.5-4-4-8 but I think I tried all the rest and system would not even post. I could not even get back into bios without doing a hard kill and unplugging the power and hitting the power button to discharge the PSU so the motherboard lights turn off.

I guess I am just stuck with 3-4-4-8 I guess it is not too bad, I am running at what DDR 4000 spec, and this 2 x 512's cost me less than 75 bucks USD each.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but I guess this dog just wont hunt.

Yeah, I have BTD43, and I have tried all of the timings. Past 235 it won't even post at cas 2.5 on my board, but I tested it out on my brother's 2.4C and they hit 270 Mhz at 3-4-4-8, which isn't half bad. You've got to admit that for pc3200, reaching 270 Mhz is pretty impressive. That and you have a gig of it, and for what?? 150 bucks or so.... not too shabby.

He said 2.5-4-4

I really wish this ram was more stable at tighter speeds but I am running the max this boards voltage will do 2.85 I even have a fan blowing over the ram to try and cool it to see if that will help and no dice.

Back