• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to maximize all windows?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raven

So here is a question for you guys. How do i set all my windows, when opened, to be automatically maximized? As in when i open IE or Firefox or even a desktop folder, they are always not maximized(?) and then I always have to double click the title bar to get them to fit the screen. I remember reading about this somewhere, but just cant quite remmeber where. Any help or suggestions are appriciated.

Raven

I believe, they should open to the size of the last closed window.

example, you open IE, maximize it, then close it, when you open again, it *should* be maximized. Same with explorer also I think.

if that's not it, I'm not sure what it would be then

Nope, thats not it.

But I have discovered how to make these windows any size i want (other then having it maximized :( ) All you have to do is hold down the shift key and with your mouse cursor, resize/drag the window to whoever size you want it to me. But even though it works like that, it wont remember to keep it maximized... so im still at a loss.

Right click on the IE/Firefox shortcut --> Properties --> Run --> Maximized

With the folders it's different, close all folders, open 1 folder and maximize it.
In the tool bar --> Tools --> Folder Options --> View --> Like Current Folder.

Thanks a lot KILLorBE! It worked!
Actually, ive just noticed that it only worked when opening (eg IE) from that one shortcut, but when i open IE through my msn messanger, it isn't maximized. Is there any way to make this change global?

Last edited:
Back