• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Platinum VX?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bla403

Registered
Will this ever be a reality, since most all already drooling over your gold series VX :drool:

No, he doesn't mean that. He means the VX series. VX stands for voltage extreme. They use a different type of chips which overclock extremely well with enough voltage.

I don't think platinum VX would make any difference. The gold already has good chips and PCB. All I think they could improve in the plat edition would be the PCB. I think it's just a naming technicality, and gold is just what they decided to name it. I could be all wrong though. *Waits patiently for Steve*.

Gold is just the heat spreaders. We are looking at releasing a line of perfomance level sticks with these same IC's with no speed binning so they will be cheap......and yes I do mean cheap :)

Hang tight and I'll let you know what comes of it

Monday!!! What kind of lazy people do you have working anyway. Leaving at 6 on Friday geez :D

Keep us updated man, I'm interested in hearing about this new ram. "cheap" is music to my ears :D

mckennaiii said:
will this new [vx] require high voltage?

What a great question man! :thup: :santa:

Honestly, did you think about it, or did you just post without thinking?
The RAM is called "Voltage Xtreme", so what volts do you think, it'll need for good speeds?
*ironical mode on* I think the new stuff will definately run at under 1.5V at 250 MHz with 1.5-2-2-7 timings! ;) *ironical mode off*

:clap:
No offence taken, but I just couldn't resist, as the question was too cool.

Now let's get back to being earnest:

This RAM will be the exact same stuff, just without speed testing/binning. That means that it'll need the exact same high voltages and that it'll perform the same or worse. That just depends on how lucky you get. ;)

oooooo, the sarcasm flows freely ;)

All right Steve, is Sunday close enough? It's basically Monday if you round up a day by taking into consideration that all time is relative and therefore I make Sunday actually Monday until you tell us more :D

enduro said:
oooooo, the sarcasm flows freely ;)

All right Steve, is Sunday close enough? It's basically Monday if you round up a day by taking into consideration that all time is relative and therefore I make Sunday actually Monday until you tell us more :D

LoL monday isnt to far away :D

It's Tuesday on my side of the globe. ;) Gimme ma' info. Please Steve! We will love you. :p Heh. I want to know so I can figure out if I should wait for the cheap stuff.

Almost Wednesday now. So I'm thinking that OCZ should make us the dedicated "cheap" vx testers now that we've had to wait past the information release date. What do you guys think :D

enduro said:
Almost Wednesday now. So I'm thinking that OCZ should make us the dedicated "cheap" vx testers now that we've had to wait past the information release date. What do you guys think :D

Hmm Christmas break, and my booster is expected to arrive tomorrow from an RMA. I would say I'm ready for testing. :D

Back