• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problems with AutoCAD 2k2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wannahokalugie

Registered
i need to be able to view my CAD drafts in a powerpoint for a final presentation and i don't know how i can get the drafts into a format so that i can do this. can anyone help?

The easiest thing to do is to create an image file to bring into Powerpoint (or any other office software). There are several ways to do this, but usually the best all around way is to use the plot function but choose PublishToWeb PNG as your plotter, which will create a PNG picture file. Use "None" for your plot style table if you want the colors to come in as they are on the screen. You can use PublishToWeb JPG too, but JPG is typically a junky format for these kinds of images. PNG is lossless compression, so your colors and edges stay clean and sharp. Those are the plotter names on '04...I think they are the same in '02, but it's been a while for me. If all else fails, you can always hit print screen, and then paste into an image program and crop it.

John G

Yes thats about the only way to do it. I know there is a way to drag-drop into the power point but I don't remember what version it was supported with of either power point and autocad (both had to be on the same computer when viewing).

Otherwise yes just plotting it to an image is the only way to put it into a power point or hitting print screen and just cropping the image in photoshop/paint or something.

Back