• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory difference the problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Imacrzyprsn

I have my homebuilt Barebones PC and a Dell Inspiron 9100 Laptop. They are both very similar / identical.

My PC has the following:
9700 Pro 128
2500xp+
1gig pc3200 ddr (corsair xms)
epox barebones minime mobo

the Dell Inspiron has
9700 pro mobile
2.8 ghz P4
256mb (not sure here :p)
dell mobo

my question is that the 9100 (used primarily by my girlfriend and no one else) runs extremely slow and sluggish. It's true that it still has the Dell stuff loaded on it. But after extensive tweaking of windows and several other things (clearing running devices etc.) it is still running extremely poorly and often hangs. so would this be due first off to the difference in ram or is there something else that i should be aware of before clearing the pc and loading my own stuff into it in an attempt to fix it? Thanks for the heads up guys and girls. I appreciate your input.

I would think that a fesh install would be the best thing for you to try. It is always good to start with a clean slate. Then you will know w/o spending any more money.

thanks for the head up, i'm going to do a fresh reload with a new copy of wxpro instead of the Dell factory stuff and then just load drivers that i get from the Dell sight from the other computer, and see how that helps out. Thanks for the reply man.

Back