• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

locking to 1:1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ati

A friend of my suggested that i lock my memory speed to 1:1 ratio. since he said that my pc2100 memory is my bottleneck of my overclocking. is it true that doing this will stabalize my system and help me reach faster clocks? what are the advantages and disadvantages?

Typically 1:1 will decrease max overclock. It all depends on if the memory can handle it. I'm looking at your sig, and it says you have PC-3200, yet you mention pc2100. Advantages to a 1:1 are that the memory and CPU's FSB are equal (200FSB:200FSB) where as on a 5:4 it would be 80% that of the CPU's FSB. This allows for better memory bandwidth. How about some more info on the system we are talking about here.

this is the same computer as the one on my sig but the memory is different, had to RMA it because one of the memory chips where broken when mailed to me.

Its not really that we can reccommend one or the other

Try both and see which one you like better.
If your max oc with 1:1 is 2.35, try to go higher with a 5:4 ratio.

1:1 if it could do it, but pc-2100 isn't rated to do that. So i doubt it will. Probably limited to 5:4, or even 3:2

hmm i tried 1:1 and it works pretty good, im getting all the way to 2.60ghz and its very stable. i guess ill use this

how do i know if i have reached my maximum oc for my cpu?

Back