• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ocz ddr booster help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madhatR

im using a ddr booster on my k8n neo2 ..
with 2x512 ocz vx

i havent messed around with it enough .. cuz its very hard to see the led on the booster with my xp120 in the way .. anwyays from wut i can see ..
when i put the mem volts to 2.85 in the bios .. the ddr booster reads 2.7
and also when its stock volt at 2.50 .. ddr booster reports on the led 2.4 ???

what gives ??

also .. when i start messing around with the booster .. do i set the vdimm in the bios to 2.85 .. then turn the knob on the booster until it reads what i want ?? also can i turn the knob with the computer on .. or does it have to be off and i have to guess ?

madhatR said:
im using a ddr booster on my k8n neo2 ..
with 2x512 ocz vx

i havent messed around with it enough .. cuz its very hard to see the led on the booster with my xp120 in the way .. anwyays from wut i can see ..
when i put the mem volts to 2.85 in the bios .. the ddr booster reads 2.7
and also when its stock volt at 2.50 .. ddr booster reports on the led 2.4 ???

what gives ??

also .. when i start messing around with the booster .. do i set the vdimm in the bios to 2.85 .. then turn the knob on the booster until it reads what i want ?? also can i turn the knob with the computer on .. or does it have to be off and i have to guess ?

Its out of adjustment. If you read the instructions, it tells you that if it does not read correctly, there is a mini adjustment pot screw on the unit that you have to set to recalibrate it. It doesnt matter what your bios is set to, it should read the same. If it reads less, it needs to be adjusted accordingly.

Aragorn Elessar said:
Its out of adjustment. If you read the instructions, it tells you that if it does not read correctly, there is a mini adjustment pot screw on the unit that you have to set to recalibrate it. It doesnt matter what your bios is set to, it should read the same. If it reads less, it needs to be adjusted accordingly.
Remember, you can't trust the vdimm reading in the bios either. Yes, adjust it while it is on, but I would do it while in the bios.

madhatR said:
and u do this while its powered on ?

If you can reach the little pot under the LED then yes do it while its on. Other wise you may need to take it out to adjust it. Remember very slight adjustments is all you need...maybe 1/16th of a turn

should he check with a multimeter first just to check the actual voltage is correct?

Don't you just set your vdimm in BIOS to auto, then adust the booster manually?

Hey steve OCZ, whats the compatibilty like with the DFI NF3?

Will it only go in slot 1?

no multimeter .. should i just set the vcore in the bios to auto ? then just adjust with the booster ?

steveocz .. can i just leave it .. i mean if it displays 2.4 when the bios reads 2.5 .. can i just assume its .1 under .. so if the booster reads 3.3 its really 3.1 judging by mbm and corecenter ???

Yes you could just assume it's .1 under. You need to check your Vdimm with a multimeter to be sure though. The bios reading can be way off.

Going by the bios should be ok. I usually set the vdimm to max of the motherboard and then raise with the booster from there. I've used it on the NF3 DFI but like most NF3 boards you need memory in slot 1 for the board to boot so you need to use slot #2....though on my chaintech with 2x256MB sticks the booster worked fine in slot #1

ok so basically raise the vdimm in the bios which max is 2.85 .. and this time ddr booster said 2.7 .. then while im in the bios basically turn the booster till i get like 3.4 which will be 3.5 since the booster is off by .1 ???

SteveOCZ said:
. I've used it on the NF3 DFI but like most NF3 boards you need memory in slot 1 for the board to boot so you need to use slot #2....though on my chaintech with 2x256MB sticks the booster worked fine in slot #1

SO your saying the board won't work with no memory in slot 1?

So i can't use it then? :cry:

Steve when setting max vdimm in BIOS what is the max vdimm you can use before the board will not post? I use 2.6 BIOS + 3.6v on booster and no post. 2.6 BIOS + 3.5v booster is fine.

Do higher BIOS settings allow a higher vdimm to boot.

Also Some guys can run over 4.0v with booster on this board, my max is 3.8v then system powers off.

hmm just messing around

i set the bios vdimm to 2.85 .. which is the max and adjusted the booster to around 3.1-3.2 it fluctuates .. booted up no prob at 240 1:1 2-2-2-5 1ht

i guess i need to hit 3.5-3.6 to maybe get lucky and hit 250

o well no go .. no boot into 250 .. gets into windows and freezes .. no matter what the volts are .. what bs

im having probs with this ram .. im always the unlucky one who gets the bad batch lol

Back