• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Major Mushkin Basic PC3200 Timing Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nicoritschel

Registered
Hey! I just bought some pc3200 mushkin basic ram and I am running it at 2.5-4-4-4-11. I don't think those timings work well, though. I know pretty much nothing about memory timings. My ram refuses to run at anything other than 100MHZ. Yes, I made sure the memory ratio was 1:1. I don't think I have the timings set right. Would you please help me? Thank You!

-Nico Ritschel

Not sure what stick you have-

found this -

http://www.mushkin.com/epages/Mushk...300b045102740c0a801020626/Product/View/990992

recom timings 2-3-3 @ 400MHz

and this-

http://www.mushkin.com/epages/Mushk...300b045102740c0a801020626/Product/View/991366

recom timings 3-3-3 @400 mhz

I'd try 2-3-3-7
2-3-3-11
3-3-3-7
3-3-3-11

Run SiSandra memory bandwith module in order to determine which timing give the most bandwith.

Advertised ratings for your memory is the place to start, using 7 or 11 with the DFI/NForce 2 chipset.

that link doesn't show what memory you have- increasing the vdmm (memory voltage) might help- it should be set to the recommended voltage first- then increase it a little at a time. Be forwarned though doing this might damage the memory-

Sorry for being extremely impatient, but I really need urgent help with this. Thank You!

it is starting to look like you may need to be getting advice from the DFI Gurus- I have a Abit mobo and am not familiar with some of those bios settings- Newegg doesn't have a product link (which is rare)- I just wish we had the correct mushkin page. If you can write down what the model no. ect from the dimm and the package we can probably get a good ID on it and find out what the mem is rated for.

I'm gonna look at the Bios pics again and see what I can figure out-

Hang in there, this is the joy of building your own!

one other thing- how do you have that mobile set up?

multi =
fsb=
vcore=

If that isn't set right it might mimmick a memory problem.

My multiplier is at 18, my FSB is at 100, as the ram will currently not go any higher. My vcore is at 1.75, and the memory ratio is at 1:1.

Igot this tech Info from the Mushkin site-

Phone - (Helpful tips before you call)
(800) 569-1868
(303) 534-5306 (local)

I google searched for your mushkin 991093 and could't find any timings info. just 2.-4-4

looking at your bios screen I'd try setting T(RAS) to 7 and see how it goes- then 11.

Also, what is the memory voltage (Vdmm) set to- it should at least be set to 2.6v

you ought to be able to 200X12 all day, even with cheap memory. 18 X 100 is going the wrong way.

I'm going to download the DFI manual and see what I can see...

Last edited:
I have it running at 2.9. I have also tried optimal. I will try changing the T(RAS) tomorrow.

Does anyone have a solution? I need to get my ram working correctly so I can play HL2 on x-mas on my system because I can't wait to use my new 6800 OC! Thanks everybody for your replies so far.

Back