• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SmartBar XP Plus MBM5 = Godsend in Sotware, I am in LOVE.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Capt Fiero

You guys NEEED to download this stuff and install it. There are a few tweaks you must do yo get it working but WOW - 0 - WOW. It does almost everything I ever wanted in a dream app. I am going to post a quick

screenie. moniter.jpg

You can move it to you 2nd Moniter. (everyone has a 2nd moniter dont you.)

Well if you are one of the guys only running a sinlge, it can be set to auto hide and not see it. I have MBM 5 running showing test in the top right corner and in the system tray, but Smart Bar showing all the above stuff, CPU, Ram, Page FIle, and Network Use. You can add several drives around actully watch and see how full they are. If you rig has many drives it can watch them all on one single app. WOW O WOW, it even has the ablity to dispy your HD temp in real life. Dont get scared at the mem usage, I have a lot of apps running right now , and have a gig of ram to play with.

Just google up smart bar xp and MBM5 You need to isntall MBM5 first SOme of the tweaks need to be made in the advanced section to get it all to work together. But this is simpy a total solution thave I love. It can be made to auto hide, or stay above or below other apps, or have apps maximize around it.
Pretty snazzy if ya do say so myself. It has feeds from Neowin and IEXbeta does OC have any way to send a feed to this type of panel.

I am going to install both of these on my server today. Much more stuff to moniter on the server. I am pretty happy with it, looks like the memory leak that plauged Smartbar is finally fixed. Now I can just run MBM in the background and use smartbar as the front end.

I found it the most usefull on my server that has 5 drives in it and runs my web/ftp/video/print/file server needs. I can really keep an eye on things.

I really like this.... But is it possible to change the Web Search feature to open in firefox rather than IE?

I like the program except for 1 glaring problem- it only allows either left or right screen orientation, and my taskbar is always set at the top of my desktop.

I'd keep it installed if this was an option.

Anyone have a work-around?

Very nice! I just installed it and it works perfectly! Thnaks bro!

I have too many apps I access on the quick launch that I don't want on the side of my desktop- I could hide the taskbar and use smart bart, I just like the top orientation best...

Attachments

• DT.jpg
    DT.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 256
Back