• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USB 2.0 upgrade card in 98SE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RPM_Computing

Hey all, I am experiencing great difficulty installing a VIA 6202 USB 2.0 card in win 98 se. This in an older super socket 7 mobo with onboard usb disabled.

When I install the driver for the card then shut down and install the card and power up windows detects and installs the drivers and restarts. when i am booted and check device manager, there are 2 usb root hubs with exclamation marks, 1 via pci to usb enhanced controller with an exclimation mark and 2 via pci to usb universal host controllers that appear fine.

This system is not oc'd, all cards have been removed other than video.

Any assistance with getting this device installed properly would be appreciated!

tia,

Rick.

tried different slots?

I had some problems with getting USB 2.0 working Win98SE as well, using an nforce2 board and the onboard controllers. Worked fine at USB 1.1 when set in the bios though. Wasn't able to resolve it unfortunately.

I tried 3 different PCI's with the same issue.

I think I am going to offer a trade in on the old equipment and give a newer super 7 board with onboard usb.

Spent way too much time working on this!

:beer:

Back