• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Program for renaming massive amounts of files?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mister Pink

Registered
Half of my cd collection has been ripped in one fashion and the other half in another fashion. This wouldn't be a big deal, except when I load it into my iPod things get kind of screwy - I was wondering if there were some kind of program that would allow me to rename large amounts of mp3s at one time. If anyone knows of anything like this, please help me out.

I think that some media players allow you to batch-rename your music files according to the idv3 tags (is that what they're called?). I had real jukebox once, for a while, and it was able to do that. I'm not sure what other media players would be able to do so, though.

yes, most pc players will use the idv3 tags, i know winamp for sure, and wmp, but Im not sure exactly how u could change the filename. Maybe burn to a virtual drive and make sure the tags are right, then rip in the same matter as the others

Oh what I did when I had that problem was load them all in wmp file library and made friendly with the ctrl+v function. Depends how many you have I guess, I had a lot and once you get a good rhythm, it goes quicker than you think. sometimes u have to bite the bullet

Back