• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IRQ Not Less or Equal, bad memory?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreamtfk

Recently my computer has been restarting by itself. Sometimes It does it many times it succession other time I leave my computer on all day using it like normal (downloading, playing games etc.) and it doesnt do it. I get a blue screen real fast and then it restarts. Sometimes (rarely) it freezes on the blue screen and it says IRQ Not Less or Equal. How can I check if my memory is bad?

I should also note that when I boot into safe mode it has never done this. I just recently reformated and clean installed XP to see if that would fix it but no luck. :-/

It says L&C brand and its a 350w which I think should be enough. For some reason when I connect my floppy drive to the mobo my computer won't start, so instead of trying to find out the problem I just leave it disconnected. If I use a memory testing program I need one that I can burn to cd so I can boot to that.

Download memtest and copy whatever they put on the floppy into a bootable cd-rom, then set the cd-rom as you primary boot device or what ever your bios callls it.

umm u overclocked too high. Trust me, just lower ur oc and it will solve the issue. You might possibly solve the issue if u get a better PSU.

L&C PSU's are pretty junk, imo. I'd get a better PSU and see if your issues go away. At the very least, it would be a worthwhile purchase.

situman said:
umm u overclocked too high. Trust me, just lower ur oc and it will solve the issue. You might possibly solve the issue if u get a better PSU.

If its OC'd too high then why can I play games for hours on end and no problem but when its just idling on my desktop it resets? I have had this system oc'd for about a year and half now very stable (until now of course).

I may see something like that once in a while, but it only happens when I'm shutting the computer down. It would do the whole shutdown routine, but instead of cutting the power, it will go to that blue screen with the "not less or equal" deal.

dreamtfk said:
If its OC'd too high then why can I play games for hours on end and no problem but when its just idling on my desktop it resets? I have had this system oc'd for about a year and half now very stable (until now of course).

I had an 3.0c SL6WU where i primed for 24hrs no problems at 3.85ghz. As soon as i let it sit idle, it blue screens. I realized thats just the characteristic of the CPU. I switched to a SL6WK and the ccomp would either freeze or give me errors when I push it too far. I didnt know what the problem was, then someone suggested I FOLD 24/7 and I wouldnt have the problem anymore. :beer:

Avg said:
Download memtest and copy whatever they put on the floppy into a bootable cd-rom, then set the cd-rom as you primary boot device or what ever your bios callls it.

Doesnt really work that way, when I unzip memtest it gives me a batch file that asks for my floppy drive to install to, it won't accept my cd drive as a choice.

Good news, look here, they have a image file so you can make a bootable cd-rom.

try shutting down your computer and taking the memory modules out and then placing them back in. i had similiar problems before and this did the trick. afterwards you might want to reset the cmos.

I had this problem with a NF7-S and a XP-M 2600+ and the L12 mod fixed my problem. So it ended up being a RAM/chipset instability

Avg said:
Good news, look here, they have a image file so you can make a bootable cd-rom.

Yeh I found that and I used Nero to burn the image and when I boot to cd it just freezes on a black screen. :bang head

hmm does sound like a memory issue then. Maybe ur timings are too tight? or not enough vdimm?

I also get that same blue-screen issue. It happens to me whenever it feels like it though. I can't run my memory at 333 (it's stock speed) without having one of these within a few hours of running (idling or gaming). If I throttle back to 266 I never encounter the issue. I have Crucial 2700 Value RAM I bought for $36 a stick 2 years ago :-/ . 2x 256mb

I will admit though, I recently unleashed the air compressor in our garage on the PC, ever since it has been a better PC... go figure. So definately make sure everything is seated properly and clean. Or maybe it's just one of those flukes...

I havn't really played with higher voltages yet though.

Back