• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memtest86+ froze on me after 2 1/2 hours, but didn't error?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

felinusz

Senior Overclocking Magus
I just had memtest86+ freeze on me again (the progress bar stopped moving, the '+' stopped blinking, and my keyboard locked), it froze after two and a half hours of test #5 looped this time. There were no errors at all, but the program froze. This has happened before at 255+ MHZ FSB, always within 3 hours of starting.

I was running the newest version of memtest86+, using test number 5 looped, with my RAM set at 260 MHz, 2-2-2-11 1T in dual channel, and the Alpha timings all set on Auto, using 3.5V of VDIMM when this happened.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? Were you able to fix the problem by changing something?

What could possibly be causing this? The Memory appears to be stable at these speeds, with this much voltage, and yet memtest86+ will freeze fairly consistantly within 1 hour to 3 hours of being run looped on test #5. I'm going to try good old classic memtest86, although I'm worried the same thing will happen.

The other side of the coin, is that my DFI Infinity's BIOS gets locked into hig pretty much every time that this happens, requiring a fifteen minute CMOS clear to get back on it's feet. I'm using Hellfire's 3EG REV3 BIOS.

Any advice and information is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance :)

Back