• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows XP SP2 Program Install Problem (16bit subsytem issue)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lennytiger

:bang head Hi Guys

I was trying to install my phillips LCD today, i loaded the drivers fine but the adjustment program which did work does not install...

Something about the 16bit windows subsystem...

"C:\Windows\System32\Autoexec.nt The system file is not suitable for running MSDOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose close to terminate program."

There is a close and ignore button but they seem to do the same thing.

Damn windows....

I hate it

this is a brand new copy of WinXP Home with SP2 preloaded on the windows disc.

u have to run 16 bit programs in a seperate memory space.. probably have to run the program from the command line and specify a switch parameter to do so.. there used to be a box u could check to do this on older versions of windows but not in xp..if u do some reading on it like ggogle search running 16 bit programs in win xp it will tell u how.. theres also a registry tweak u can do to show the box in the run comand that allows you to check this box and run the program in its own memory space..

well I copied the autoexec.nt file from my winxp laptop to my desktop, it seemed to work and the program installed...

This is a new version of SP2 and I'm pretty sure this is a bug as I have installed it a couple of times on the same machine, which is not overclocked at the moment and I know its completely stable...

Has anyone else found this problem with new WinXP cd's that preinstall sp2??

Ive had this problem alot and have made a program to fix it, hope it helps, did for me.

Attachments

• 16bit subsystem fix.zip
    327 bytes · Views: 163
Back