• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video Capture Software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hibner

So I am going to transfer some old VHS tapes to DVD, and I want to know what the best software for capturing and encoding is. I was going to just use Nero, is this sufficient.

thx:burn:

Please someone help me, Nero is droping frames all over and the audio is out of sync by a few seconds.

I was having a lot of trouble with audio sync, until I switched the audio sample rate to its highest possible setting (48 kHz I think) and then it synced up perfectly.

hibner said:
what program were you using mccoyn?
I used VirtualVCR. I also tried with VirtualDub, but I had the same problems. If I remember right you can resync the audio in VirtualDub, but it is a pain figuring out the right ratio. VirtualVCR will output the number of samples recorded and you can work out the ratios from that. I was still off by a fraction of a second after 2 hours.

After fighting with Nero I played with Virtualdub a little last night, not a real user friendly program is it. I took me an hour just to figure out the settings. Excuse my newbness. This is the first time I have attempted to capture before. I am suprising my wife for christmas by putting some old home movies on DVD. Just like everything though, I thought it would be easier.
Thanks for the help Sonny and mccoyn.:burn:

i like to use Beyond TV 3
it is cool, as for free, if u got Windows Xp, then you can use the Movie maker, it doesnt have much but its free and embedded.

Back