• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BSOD While installing software...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreIU

I was in the middle of installing a Program, and out of nowhere I got a BSOD. Came back into windows and I tried starting it up but I get loads of error messages and it does not start. I try to reinstall it, but I get this error message:

error.jpg

I also tried to uninstall it via control pannel, but it did not appear in the add/remove window. I ran two registry mechanic type programs but they haven;t done anything. What do you guys usually do in these situations?

EDIT: here are the series of error messages I get when I tried to run the program right after the reboot.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited:
Brundle Fly said:
...restore to before the attempted installation. Where did you get Alcohol 120% from?... :D

I thought of that, but I am not familiar with that process (I have never had to do that).

...very simple, just click Start/Help And Support/Undo changes with system restore. You will see the restore points available, hopefully there's one that says it's when Alcohol was installed, if not, take the nearest "System Checkpoint"... :)

Brundle Fly said:
...very simple, just click Start/Help And Support/Undo changes with system restore. You will see the restore ponits available, hopefully there's one that says it's when Alcohol was installed, if not, take the nearest "System Checkpoint"... :)

Great, Thank you for the help... there is a point when Alky was installed :attn: I appreciate it. :)

Back