• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quicky question about ram fsb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sp1k3

Right now im currently running at 252 fsb, and im wondering what some good programs there are to test to see if the system is stable. I currently use prime95, sisSoft sandra, and memtest. Any others that are reccomended? And what are good amounts of time to run on each, to see if your sytem is actually stable. Just trying to get the most of my system right now. And im also wondering if i just up the fsb will i need to loosen the timings? Because right now im running at 2.5-4-4-8, and 2.85v. And 2.85v is my max my mobo will do without getting one of those ocz ddr voltage boosters. Im just trying to see what this ram can do, because im thinking of replacing it with some new tccd chipset ram, probally the pqi 2x512mb on newegg. Ill RMA this ram and get that. And have 40 bucks to spare.

Sp1k3 said:
Right now im currently running at 252 fsb, and im wondering what some good programs there are to test to see if the system is stable. I currently use prime95, sisSoft sandra, and memtest. Any others that are reccomended? And what are good amounts of time to run on each, to see if your sytem is actually stable. Just trying to get the most of my system right now. And im also wondering if i just up the fsb will i need to loosen the timings? Because right now im running at 2.5-4-4-8, and 2.85v. And 2.85v is my max my mobo will do without getting one of those ocz ddr voltage boosters. Im just trying to see what this ram can do, because im thinking of replacing it with some new tccd chipset ram, probally the pqi 2x512mb on newegg. Ill RMA this ram and get that. And have 40 bucks to spare.

I would suggest Folding@Home (folding.stanford.edu or see the FaH section for more info) as a good test of CPU and RAM stability, and a few runs of 3DMark 2001/2003/2005 as a test of overall system stability and graphics card stability.

You may need to loosen timings, maybe not. Best bet is to try it with the tighter timings, if it doesnt work, try loosening them up.

ok thanks, i downloaded the folding thingy, and ran it for a while, i think i did like 12 frames or so. And i already have 3dmark01 so i have been using that and used it on the option where you can set how many loops you want to do. And i was downloading 03, it was taking to long, for whatever reason it needs to be 180 megs. And my internet doesnt seem to be going to fast tonight, i was getting like 33kb/s when i normally get about 140-150ish

Back