• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need a good OC write up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xbladr

I am planning on overclockin my memory when i buy some. I need a good write up though as how to oc memory. I have OC'd my chip it is a xp 2800 at 2.3 but with my current pc 2700 value ram i can adjust the fsb to anything over 170 and its come at 166 regularly cuz i have the 333 cpu. I am looking into getting 1gb of the patriot TCCB memory. I just was hoping somebody might have a write up of how to go about OCing memory. Thanks

I did take a good look at that but for some reason it doesnt seem to help me out all too much. I mean i get the general ideas i guess when i buy the memory i will just have to test it.

When you start overclocking, you wont care about your memory.. you will just start upping your FSB till your system becomes unstable.
Like Reefa_madness said in the other thread that your RAM is capable of running 2-2-2-5 timings at 200-215 and that your memory can do a lot of Mhz at OK timings like 2.5-3-3-7
So when you get stability problems you might have to change your voltage to a higher one or change your timings or back down your overclock.
Or it might be instability because of the CPU so you might need to up the voltage of the cpu to go further but lets not go into that.

http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Guides/OCguide/4.html

Here is a site that Reefa_Madness posted in the forums and I think it might help you when you are overclocking.

Last edited:
Back