• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC Forums Folding Plug - Join up now if you haven't already!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
David, IMOG, thanks for the Folding support!

Folding is one of the easiest thing you can do, for research. It will also prolong the life of your CPU, by reducing the temparature cycles.

I am Folding on all of my rigs, and I use the Intel or AMD CPUs to heat my little apartment, during the winter. I also heat it during the summer, but we'll not dwell on that. (Don't need all that much heat, here in Arizona, in the summer!)

When I build a computer, for a friend, I always install F@H, and only remove it if I am asked. Yes, I do tell people it is on there.

steve

GunnerMan said:
Ok I have just joined the team :clap: , now can someone help me with the settings etc, also all I see is a blakc screen with some text on it is that right? Thanks

Awesome dude, thanks for joining up! :D From what you say, you are already folding away!

Sounds like you downloaded from stanford... I prefer the service install by way of wedo's one click though - that way you don't have to keep that black command window open. If you download his one click, all you have to do is open the config file with notepad, and change "wedo" to "gunnerman", and then run the exe that comes in the download, and you will be folding in the background. You can check task manager then and you will see FAH_core and FAH_console, which means you are folding. :)

The link to his one click is at the bottom of the article. You can message me on AIM at ll IMOG ll and I could answer any questions you might have too, but only for a fellow member of team 32! ;)

It will keep your CPU near full load at all times - if your OC is not stable, this will help you find that out. ;)

Also if you want to help me, and a load of other dudes out then set your name as freaky_folding_fanatics :D Go Team 32!

Awesome Yanz, WELCOME! :D Post up, PM or IM if you have any questions - folders are always ready to go out of their way for eachother. ;)

yanz said:
my 1st wu point is 241pt.. now im on position 2408 :D

yeah when you first start out you fly up the rankings. since our team has about 700 active folders, after you break through rank 600 or so things will start to slow down. happy folding everyone!!!

and IMOG is totally right, if anyone needs help pm any folder or head over to the folding forum, we are happy to help!

Our membership had dipped around 680 or so prior to the article posting, now we are back over 700 - if we could get over 750 active members, I think that would be a really good result largely from this article! :)

yeah the list of new members is definitely larger than usual. so the article is definitely a success. i think another 25 good users would get us out-producing OCAU pretty easily.

744 active right now!!! this is really helping! That is at least 20-30 users above normal, and i'd say in a day or two we will hopefully see a nice little bump in our 24hr avg. we are soooooo close to gaining on the #1 spot!

I want to urge all these new users to stop by and say hello in the folding forum!

Before the article, I made certain to check and we were at 688... I had told David I would be extremely happy to see 750! :D

He was hoping to top 800, but I'm not even sure if he was serious when he mentioned it! Looks like we have a real shot at it though as new members continue to turn in WU. :D

794 right now!!! this arcticle has made a ridiculous difference and still climbing like crazy! I hope to see lots of the new members stay and pick up the hobby more aggressively!

803 currently... And still climbing very quickly! I think Sam had a large part in this also - the combination of the article and the HL2 contest helped a lot!

Back