• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston HyperX/Corsair XMS CL2 vs ADATA Vitesa PC5000.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Runner30

Replacing my Samsung TCCC to 2x512MB.
It gets errors over 238Mhz and CL3.

Current maximum is 242 3.0-4-3-11 (8).

Along with extending Ram ammount I'm looking to extend bandwidth and lower the timings from what I have.

I'm running the well known NF7 - NForce2U chipset , capable to 255+, but limited to 2.9V VDimm.

What would be my best bet for over 245Mhz Fsb :

*Corsair XMS CL2 PC3200 [email protected]
*Kingston Hyper-X PC3200 2-2-2-5
*ADATA Vitesa PC4000 (unknown timings).

I'm sorry if the subject is chewed up, but My FSB is way high for PC3200, plus I'd like an opnion about this ADATA brand.

Thanks.

Last edited:
No improvements from 238 3-4-3-11?

Can you explain why?

Thanks

The upgrade to a full gigabyte of RAM alone will make a noticeable difference, especially in games. And you will see some signifigant gains if you buy some decent RAM that can do (2.5-X-X-X) or (2-2-2-X), at a decent FSB, with 2.9V of VDIMM.

You see, your VDIMM is really your main limit here. BH-5 is hard to find, and somewhat expensive, not to mention that it will need a bit more than 2.9V of VDIMM to start really performing for you. VX isn't something you can use, again because of your VDIMM limit.

I should think that a good set of TCCD modules are what you really want to be getting. A gigabyte of memory alone will make a signifigant difference over the half gig you have now, and if you can get some decent TCCD that will run 2.5-X-X-X for you at a 240+ FSB, with 2.9V or less (not too hard to find) you'll see even more improvement over what you're running now.

The extra ram will definitely help. maybe something with tccd thatll get u better latencies. the crucial ballistix also runs very hi speed (240/250) at 2.5.2.2.5. but kinda expensive. stay away from the pc5000 its a waste with ur setup. its speed tested adata pc4800. its made for the guys that are running the a64 and intel maniacs that want to run 300+ with a modded out mb and a prommy..

Thanks for the replies.
As I thought my VDimm is the limiting factor.

The reason that I inclued PC4000 is that it's goes for the same price as the Corsair/Kingston I mentioned but rated at 3-4-4-8@250.
Is this essentially the same way low-latency PC3200 will perform over 240 ?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Of course the 'Vitesta' is PC4000, rated 3-4-4-8@250Mhz.

Mistake cleared, sorry for the mix-up.

"most" nf-7s wont post above 240...that is normally the DFI infintiy boards domian...but if you KNOW that your board will do that then i would get TCCD for the tighter timmings of even some 3700EB i have the 3500 and look in my sig what can do

Back