• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2gig mem, xp, size for swap?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unreal

Registered
ok it seems my friends system with xp on it and mine are running at different speeds. his for some reason is running programs faster than mine, and i think mine is the better system,
system 1 (mine) as in sig,
system 2 (his) intel p4-3.2 1gig pc 3200 giel, 200 gig hd 7200 8mb cache m/b ic7-max3

i have 2gig of swap file but i think it is to much, i am running process schedule and mem usage = on programs , should i change this to cache and background services? also should i change to smaller swap file? anything that could help,,

i norton speedisked, cut back on programs on my main c partition for windows, program files and everything else is on seperate hds..... even swap...

You two have different CPU architectures which are good at different things. His will be a better mpeg encoder, while yours will be better in games for example. There is no simple "better" system.

i say mine is better because of more ram and other hds for os and appz on speerate parrtitions and swap on different drives. but any ideas how i can helkp make mine run faster? like boot time and app running,, we both play games

Back