• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IRC usage to find Bittorrents

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mxa

I heard that there is way to find bittorrents using IRC clients like mIRC and connecting to a channel like #tvtorrents. I can successfully connect to the #tvtorrents channel, however I don't know what to do next. I've done some searches but I have not found any help that worked. Can somone provide me with a quick and dirty method to locate torrents using IRC clients.

Tatuya said:
I think you have to message a bot to download a torrent, etc. Personally I'd rather use a website like www.torrentspy.com but www.ircspy.com does the same thing for IRC. Why use IRC to get torrents when you can get them all over the place?

I'll try torrentspy but I've used some others like loki site but couldn't find what I was looking for. Your right that you need to talk to the bot but I've not found the specific info for #tvtorrents. I've asked for the rules but I don't get anything other then something about not in channel message. However, I tried it again and they kicked me off with a 1 min ban but gave the website for the rules: http://www.tvtorrents.tv/rules/ I guess this is what I needed.

Back