• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help me identify this ram.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sunrunner20

Masta Tweeka!
I received an old Pentium Pro based computer yesterday that was in working condition last time it was turned on. But, they took the ram out before giving it to me, unfortunately I have been unable to find the ram type that goes in the socket. Any help would be appreciated.

Note: If anybody has some PM me and then we can arrange a purchase from inside the classifieds.

Small image of the RAM included. I need hosting for a large (~100kb) RAM pic. Untill then, I can email it to you. PM me and I'll send off the image.

well the pic isn't very clear, but it looks like ddr to me. your sig says you have ddr in your main box, so just compare them. if they're different size slots then the new computer needs sdram

rebelwarlock said:
well the pic isn't very clear, but it looks like ddr to me. your sig says you have ddr in your main box, so just compare them. if they're different size slots then the new computer needs sdram

It can't be DDR. DDR was not invented in during the time of the P Pro's. Nice try though.

If I counted correctly it's 168PIN SD-RAM ;)

PC100 or PC133 may work fine, just keep in mind that it most likely won't support modules >128MB or 256MB total.

Also it probably has to be "low density" memory ("Low density" is the wrong term as it really depends on the way the chips are organized).

Ebay may be a good place to look for memory, last summer I bought 128MB (2x64MB) PC100 for ~$15 incl. shipping.

Back