• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Media Center 2005 / Remote Desktop question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigspice

I have a copy of MCE2005 that I installed on an old junker system last night. After setting up remote desktop, I was able to access the media center pc from my std. system.

I want to be able to connect the media PC to the TV and stereo and control everything with the media center remote control. I plan on using remote desktop to update drivers, make changes, etc.... I do not want to connect a keyboard or mouse to the media center PC.

couple of questions.

1. once I end the remote session, I have to walk over to the MEdia PC and manually log back in. Is there a way for this to happen automatically? i.e. I end the remote session and the Media PC is ready to rock?

2. Anyway to get MCE to play VOB files? I want to archive all my DVDs on this PC and be able to play back on the big screen.

3. will MCE play AVI. files?

4. If I am using remote desktop and need to reboot the media center PC (after a driver update, for example), will it boot right into the desktop? I seem to remember windows saying that I had to have a password on the Media PC in order for it to be remotely accessed. this means a login screen = keyboard needed.

Appreciate your help!!! thanks in advance.

Back