• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Taking off memory heatspread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tawcan

Registered
I have couple Corsair memory sticks and I want to see what kind of chips are being used....

After taking off the clips it seemed that the heatspreads are taped on? Is that the case? :confused: If heatspreads are taped onto the memory sticks how do I take them off and put them back on afterwards?

Thanx.

The tape is there to fill the gap between the memory chips and the heatspreader.
In order to verify the chips you don't have to take it off in most cases, just bend it a little in the corner and use a strong lamp to read what's written on the chip.

You can also check my thread about MEMORY CHIPS and maybe your ram is listed there...

Here's a quick link:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=308361

GL with it.
Suma.

Thanx for the reply... here are the two sticks I have:

CMX256A-3200C2
XMS32002V1.1

From the thread it seems like it uses BH6.

This is the one I'm wondering...

CMX256A-3200
XMS3200V1.1

I have 4 sticks of this same ram.... I love them but never knew what type they were... cool

I found that both sticks are using BH6, the wierd thing is on Corsair's website it rated the 3200 (no C) with 3-3-3-8 timing while the 3200C2 with 2.5-3-3-6. :confused:

Back