• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Programs For Creating Hardrive Images?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jabaro

What are some good programs to create a disk image of a hardrive for reformating uses? I know Symantec makes one, but I've heard very mixed reviews on it. I basicaly just want to reformat my computer, set the setting the way I like, and then transfer the drive image over to either a DVD or if it won't fit then onto a USB hardrive. Any Suggestions?

I've been using Powerquest DriveImage for the past 3 years and it's been great for me. Current version I'm using is 2002 and it works great. Let's you do it streat out of Windows or you can create a bootdisk and do it from DOS. Before v2002 I was using v5 which didn't has as many bells and whatnot, but they both helped me out when I was supporting a huge userbase and I've also been using DI on my 4 home systems on a continual basis what with how many times I have to "reload" Windows from screwing with it too much.

Back