• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Display property taking to long to close

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Avg

Well when I close the display property in my second pc running winxp It will take a long time to close, even if I just open and cancel it right away without having to save anything, I can't use system restore because that damn thing for some reason deleted all restore point. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Could it be a stability issue? Does it act like this on defaults? The only other thing i see thought I dont think it should matter, is the memory being mixed speeds. Perhaps the mixed brands might have an effect here.

Z

I have been using that mixed ram for a long time and never had a problem, it's something with windows, and I don't want to do a fresh install(too much stuff to back up) and since it has sp2 installed a repair install only seems to make it worst.

A repair might be an option if you have a slipstreamed XP-SP2 CD.

Z

Well I did everything according to the stickied guide but I can't burn to a cd because the resulting cd wouldn't fit on the cd (700mb).

I have winxp with sp1 and I tried to slipstream it and when I went to burn the image Nero said that it was too big to fit on the cd and asked if I wanted to do an overburn.

You must have copied the SP2 files inside the folder you are using to make your ISO image from. You must extract the SP2 files to a separate folder and then run the update command. It still works if you put the files ito the main XP folder but then the image is too big.

Z

I followed the guide in the sticky did everything it told me to do and still no go I try later, gotta go to school now.

Back