• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with OCZ DDR Booster...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aragorn Elessar

Registered
OK, I got the OCZ DDR Booster last week. Got it in and set up. Set it to 3.15 volts.

Problem is, after I shut off the computer or re-boot, when it boots back up the voltage is back to 2.96. Then I have to start all over again. So the only way to maintain the setting is never power off my pc?

What a POS!

That sounds odd. Since the booster uses a manual knob to change the setting of a potentiometer to change the voltage, I don't see how restarting would effect it. All I can think of is that maybe there is some weird voltage flucuation going on. Maybe Steve knows what's going on.

It shouldn't do that btw. ;)

Well, I just got an RMA # and its going back to Newegg. Its did nothing for me even when it did hold its setting. Didn't even get ifsb out of it. I should have known better, if it was anything like OCZ made it out to be, there would have been some good reviews out there, and I was hard pressed to find anyone that had much in the way of success. And the few people I know that had them were either selling them or had sold them online. I never have been a big fan of OCZ, this just adds to that. OCZ needs to change their name to POS.

Live and learn. I was just being greedy trying to improve on an already good OC.

the booster works just fine in the nf7. use slot 1 so u can keep your DC. there is a cap there, so u may have to mod the heatsink on the booster so it will fit (on mine the heatsink touches the top of the cap, so i didnt have to mod anything). keep 2.6 in the bios, turn knob all the way counterclockwise, then afer boot the booster will show 2.5 and bios will report ~2.6. u can also adjust the LCD with a lil knob below the readout.

then when u want to adjust voltages, do it with the knob on the booster ONLY. go slow, it takes a lil bit for it to register and go up (a second or two).

on load, u will see a bit of a variation (depends on your vcore setting, how strong your psu's +12 is, etc.). for me, 3.28v, nets 3.22 - 3.18 on load, on vcore above 1.9 load.

Back