• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP! - Forgot -sort of - my passphrase for a phpdisk

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Toasty_Squirrel

:cry:
I'm not sure if there's a utility out there or a way to go about this but here's my situation.

Several years ago I created a pgp disk and burned it onto a CD (using version 6.5.3). Now, I'm attempting to mount the volume off the CD using ver 8.0.3.

As a contingency, I wrote down the passphrase someplace safe and sure enough after all this time I forgot what it was. Now the problem is that I wrote it down wrong. I am positive that about 99% of what I wrote down is correct, however I think that I screwed up with the placement of a "space" or something to that effect. Let's say my passphase consists of the characters "bigstupid123dog" and in that order. Is there any utity out there that I could use to, "try insterting a 'space' systematically thoughout the phrase" or "instert a 'space' and change all 'i's to 'e's"?

I really hope there is... really REALLY hope.

Thanks

ps. althernatively, if you know of what I should check out on the web for info, direct me there I'm fricken desperate!

Back