• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP 120 IN! .... problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MM2613

Registered
I just installed my xp-120, with a 120mm panaflo fan on top. Within 4 minutes of running my pc, i heard something shatter. Two fins of the panaflo broke and flew off, the fan became unbalanced, and started shaking around my whole case voilently. I quickly cut the power.. and put a different fan on the heatsink.

At first, when i rebooted, i got a warning sign to shut down to prevent damage to the computer (said something about physical memory dump)
The second time my computer rebooted by itself.
The third time it crashed.

I got lucky and ran memtest to find 26 errors on the ram (samsung pc3200)

Now my computer won't even boot (mobo does that beep beep beep beep sound) which i believe is the memory signal.

Could the memory damage be due to the flying broken fan fins / voilent shaking of my entire system with so much weight on it?

HELP!

Its possible that while their was a lot of shaking going around that the memory modules might have been shaken loose. I would take your memory out and reseat it making sure its in tightly.

memory has been reset <multiple times>, no luck.... i was wondering if there was a way to find out what the problem is, if the ringing could be the cause of something else, and general information altogether. Why would my memory have errors in it all of the sudden?

I'm in the process of applying to colleges and kinda need to fix my pc (ASAP.)
anyone know how i can get my comp to boot?

Last edited:
ok, scratch all that.... i tested my sisters ram and had the same problem (beeping tone coming from mobo).

just making sure... but that beep tone IS for the ram, right?

otherwise.. what else could be the problem

MM2613 said:
ok, scratch all that.... i tested my sisters ram and had the same problem (beeping tone coming from mobo).

just making sure... but that beep tone IS for the ram, right?

otherwise.. what else could be the problem

The beeps indicate an error condition the motherboard has detected. Usually they're in some pattern, for example, one long beep and three short beeps. Look in your motherboard manual or contact their technical support to find out what the beep code means. It may or may not indicate a RAM problem.

the noise comes up most of the time, but sometimes it starts to boot, then fails half way. anyone?

my comp was never oc'd.

reset cmos = no difference, anyone know what the problem could be?
memory is in nice and tight

Have you tried booting from windows CD? could be the hard drive when you unplugged the power? Failing that you could take your CPU out and post, reset cmos, put the cpu back in, then power up.

Sometimes it doesnt even post, other times it freezes in post, other times it freezes in boot, other times it freezes while running.... (can't really be the hard drive), this is really bothering me....

i'v had similar problems (not w/a broken fan)
but, where no matter what i did i couldnt get my system to boot..
so, if all fails i take apart the machine 100% clean it, and put it back together.
this process has "brought 4 computer back to life" so far.. :)
id give that i go, you never know!

Back