• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to get rid of things in system tray

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madhatR

ok i have this icon in the system tray in winxp .. for safety remove hardware .. when i click it it has the 2 sata hds .. i wanna get rid of that icon .. but there is no way i can see ?? anyone know how to do so ?

right click on the taskbar
select properties
go to "Hide inactive Icons" and select "Customize".
find the "Safely remove hardware icon"
change the option to "always hide".

Know Nuttin's advice is the best I've found. I've searched for a way to disable the icon too (since I have a CF card reader that uses the feature), but haven't found anything but ignoring it or hiding it by default.

JigPu

The things in there are running in the background so you can disable many by go to start >> run >> msconfig and go to the startup tab. It is reccomended to disable all you do not need for fastest performance. The things listed here will only be started at startup so if you disable a program you use frequently you will still be able to use it but it won't start at startup.

thanks guys i got rid of it .. its weird my hds are listed in it

Back