• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Channeling Memory on A64

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mako777

Ok, i have a MSI Neo platinum2.

The Memory slot configuration is:

1p-1g-1p-1g

p = purple
g = green

So the colors are... "every other"

Which 2 do i use to dual channel my memory ? Does it matter ?

Yes, it will matter for sure, as you certainly can't run dual channel if both modules are mounted in the same channel. But don't worry, the worst thing that could happen is that the system would only run in single channel.

This layout varies between different mobos, but my guess would be that each pair is one channel. Meaning you'd have to populate both slots of the same color.

Wether or not dual channel is enabled, you can see during POSTing on most mobos (you know the memory-count at bootup). If not, use a program like CPU-Z or Sandra to find out for sure.

mako777 said:
Ok, i have a MSI Neo platinum2.

The Memory slot configuration is:

1p-1g-1p-1g

p = purple
g = green

So the colors are... "every other"

Which 2 do i use to dual channel my memory ? Does it matter ?
RTFM bro. the first 1 dimms, ie the closest to the CPU socket are dual-channel. It sez it in your manual clear as day

I was confused too when I first installed my memory. Mine are in 1&2 for dual-channel. This is my first dual-channel system though, and I love the memory bandwidth I'm getting.

mako777 said:
why ? when i have you !

btw, thanks to those who freely helped without crit. And die noob to the guy who had to be an ***.

That's no way to be as most of us do RTFM before we go asking stupid ?'s that are wrote in a book setting next to us.

Back