• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Optimize even more?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ps2cho

Hey im running my server back onto XP pro...
now iv turned off all visual effects for xp, removed everything, but bare minimum
(i only have winrar+steam in add/remove progs)

is ther anyway i can optimize the system anymore so it will run faster that i havnt mentioned?

thanks

you tryed tweekxp?

i just download the trial for Tweak-XP Pro v4 theres a auto tweak section in there for services and visual effect go on to that a go tweak to THE MAX on both, note this will require a restart and something you want to do wont work as most of the system services are disabled.

you will need to go thru them and enable what you need to use. easy as that lol

easy but annoying

are u sure that its gonna optimize? some of those programs do more to ur computer to slow it down, than to speed it up..

I used Blackvipers Guide to disable services on the computer, was running nearly 50, now dow to 20-24ish depending with windows/games open. Much faster. Reported that you could get down to nearly 10 is possible, I got some on still that re recommened to disable but I use the features.

As for what you might want to consider doing is besides that checking out http://www.tweakguides.com/XPTC.html I havn't done anything in the tweak guide yet, but I'm looking forward to doing it as soon as I can, possibly tonight I'll play with it some more after I finish donig things on my computers and wraping gifts.

Well iv tried linux, but got frustrated and had no luck installing ANYTHING.
so i gave up and went back to xp pro

thanks for the link deathman, ill check it out

Back