• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My BH-6 Sucks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

apu318

Disabled
Welland: Most drug use per capita in Canada.
Well I got one stick of 512mb Mushkin "222" Special. At stock I have it at 2-2-2-5 @ DDR400 2.8V. I can get windows to boot around 213mhz HTT on stock volts and 2225 timings. I cant prime. It fails after a minute. Even when i go to 210mhz HTT @ 2-2-2-6 on 2.8V it fails.. Ok so I guess I need to up the voltage. I go do that.. but here's the kicker.. any voltage above 2.8V causes me to get an error right before the windows loading screen.. I cant remember the exact error message. Its that one thta happens when you like dont have the ntoskernal.exe in the system folder, or its corrupt. It then tells you to go into the windows recovery console.. any key I hit at the message reboots the computer. I obviously know that my boot executable is there and working fine because when I put my vdimm back down to 2.8, all is well and I can boot no problems. I've tried many combinations of timings and HTT speeds, and voltages.. Anyone got any ideas? :bang head

what kind of psu do you have.

motherboard?

just because your memory can't overclock doesn't mean its the memory.

my ocz pc4000 el will do 270mhz @ 2.8v 2.5-4-4 in a pentium 4 rig, but won't hit over 250 in my AMD rig

Crap powmax 400watt. not being drained at all ATM. I'm getting ready for Xmas upgrades and painting the inside of my case so I've only got my Hobbs hour meter, 2 optical drives, my SB Audigy 2 Plat Front Bay Device and my maxtor hooked up. My motherboard is an Abit KV8 Max 3. The locks (or lack of) is not a problem. I can hit 240mhz HTT when I slap my mem down to DDR333.. giving me the DDR400 speed back.

BTW: I never get tired of your Avatar. :beer:

how do you know its not being drained...

hell i wouldnt' trust a 400watt name brand to power my a64 rig..

when i had my amd 64, i had an ocz powerstream 520, now ive upgraded to the 600, im only running 1 hdd, and 2 cdroms, i have never had such a stable psu i could throw anything at it.

Well relatively speaking of course. It used to be mad drained with 2 hard drives, hardware hdd encryption (which needed seperate power), both opticals, a whole whack of lights and inverters, my hobbs hour timer, a whole wack of case fans and a bunch of other crap I had hooked to the mainboard that woulda drained the hell out of it. I used to have 18 usb ports. Two 5 port cards, 4 on the back, 2 on the front, and 2 offa my targus fingerprint scanner with the built in hub.

Because it is bh-6 ram, you're going to need some decent voltage in order to get it going. If you cannot supply the memory with at least 3.0-3.3 volts, you're going to be limited in your overclock when it comes to keeping the low timings.

deception``

I couldnt agree with Xenocide more, the OCZs are an absolute dream for OCing, with the adjustable rails youll be able to isolate your problem if it truly is the PSU which it very well could be... I dont personally have an A64 but ive heard you need lots of amps on the 12v+ line and thats exactly what the OCZ Powerstream does. And for case modding I like my case to look presentable... but since its not at least watercooled I have no reason to show it off =P Although it is nice when someone walks into my room and are like D@mn! thats a nice puter is it an Alienware? then I get to laugh for a good half hour at their ignorance... who would pay that much for an alienware anyway when you can just buy the case and build it yourself?

Back