• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

page file

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
1. Already done. Where exactly do I find the largesystemcache and disablepagingexecutive in the registry.

the registry settings should just be left alone as they do nothing. The Disablepaginexecutive forces XP to keep the kernel (the core of the operating system) in RAM. This means that the kernel will reside in the fastest storage area in your computer. This may sound great but too bad Windows Xp already does this. Many registry tweaks out there are not reccomneded as the people who wrote guides explaining how to do this stuff are gamers who have no idea on how the Windows OS actually works and many times just make things worse.

And Large System Cache is meant for servers.

how about using the page for adjusting your memorys paging file under the system applet on the advanced tab, then performance options.. simplist way I know of and also keeps you out of the registry..

^That's what I was gonna say.
Right click My Computer-->Properties-->Advanced-->Performance Settings-->Advanced-->Virtual Memory Change. Then make it whatever you want.

Back