• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Photoshop question DVD screenshot resolution problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soundfx4

This time I'm looking for a Photoshop user :D Ok on to the question. As you know DVD movies are high quality...for a TV, but when it comes to a computer screen, well, they just aren't that great. Anyway, took a screenshot (knowing this) and am trying to work with it to create a Desktop background and a T-shirt design. If I were just going to use this as a shirt design it would be ok, since the printout would be at a lower resolution, but I would like to use this as my desktop background (1920 x 1200) and the blocks of pixels just aren't going to cut it. Here is the screenshot so you know what I have to work with.

Screenshot

I know the best thing to use would be a cell but I don't have the fricken money to buy one of those JUST to make a desktop background. It really upsets me sometimes when I think of the quality that the product starts out at, and the quality that it ends up at. Well, either way I only have this to work with and don't know what to do. If anyone has any ideas on how to smooth this picture over, please let me know, till then, I'll keep trying things. Thanks!

Are you trying to take that picture there and make it 1920 x 1200? If so, you are going to have quite a time with that. It's bad enough trying to increase size just a bit but thats huge. I assume it gets very blurry when you increase the size?

That's sort of what I was wanting to do, I really just needed it at a higher resolution, but it's ok, I figured out what I'm going to have to do. I'll have to print it out, trace the outline, scan it strait into photoshop at a high resolutioin, and then using a wacom tablet (which I will have to purchase) to color in the new high resolution outline. It will be a while though before I can buy one of those tablets, they aren't exactly cheap :p

Last edited:
Back