• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WTF is wrong with my windows

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eatmyshorts7569

ok.
1) i turn my comp on
2) i enter windows
3) windows stuff start
4) computer hanges with in minutes.
5) hit my head on the keyboared:bang head while cursing out loud :mad:
6) bleed
7)start all over again
8) i strt crying. :cry:
9) try to supress the pain by drinking beer :beer:
10) started this thread

those are the sequances of event. i am really pissed. its nota virus cuz i have formated 4 times. any ideas why. this used to happen and it also used to reatsrt. but it stoped restarting and just hanged and more frequantly to this. HELP !!! !!! !!!

ahahahah. yah my first one. as my sig says, i am getting a new Mother boared. so what if the problems continue on the other one. then what could be the possible problem

*Note: i am only getting a motherboared for now. so my Hard Drive, Ram, PSU, and stuff will be replaced later.**Also i will have my old CPU*

Sounds like a temperature problem. Find a nice cold AC vent somewhere in your house and tump your case over on top of it.

Or just put the case outside. :p

This is definitly a RAM problem, trust me. I've had it happen to many machines.

Replace the RAM before you replace your motherboard.

-Sam

hmmm. test each seperate ram stick, boot, check it, replace and try again.
if fails, try switching the slots, still fails, then throw in ur NF7-S 2.0 about now =)

Check the voltages. BTW, at first, I was going to say that the processor was overheating. Lately, it seems, chiefly n00bies, have been putting the heatsink on backwards or don't use heatsink compound.

It's also possible that the RAM not being synced with the FSB can cause that symptom. If not running with the ratio at 1:1.

Hmm ok so ur 128mb pc2100 taken out, still made it hang...Wierd that how u can chat to me on aim, surf web, run prime95, yet playing a video makes it hang...
interesting.. ok test ur 256mb pc-xxxx? now

RJARRRPCGP said:
Check the voltages. BTW, at first, I was going to say that the processor was overheating. Lately, it seems, chiefly n00bies, have been putting the heatsink on backwards or don't use heatsink compound.

It's also possible that the RAM not being synced with the FSB can cause that symptom. If not running with the ratio at 1:1.

I dont think that is the case because he has no overclock, and it has always been at stock because of a locked bios. so thats not goign to be the problem
nice thinking though

no i doubt it would be a video card issue...otherwise it would crash during boot, the graphics accellerator would lock up. not the computer.

Playing a video has little to do with the video card.

I would see if its possible to run memtest86 and see if you pass.
Also inspect the motherboard and make sure all capacitors look to be in good shape. Does the system lock up consistantly during the same time period during boot, or do you get father into windows sometimes?

ok i just put all my old mobo in my nf7-s 2.0 and im working on it. ill tell you guys if it locks up again as soon as im don formatting and installing new windows.

Back