• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Renaming MP3s by ID3 Tag

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jabaro

Does anyone know of a program that will look at the ID3 tag of a MP3 file and then change the file's name to something from the ID3 tag? I'm trying to organize my music, and I seem to have all of the ID3 tags correct, but not the file names.

I have been ID3 Tagging my entire music Collection these past few months (and can i say that it takes a LOT of patience to do this!) But i have been using a program called ID3-TagIT. It is a very useful program with many different features. So if you are still stuck on this problem, just visit HERE and download/try it for you yourself!

Raven

raven said:
I have been ID3 Tagging my entire music Collection these past few months (and can i say that it takes a LOT of patience to do this!) But i have been using a program called ID3-TagIT. It is a very useful program with many different features. So if you are still stuck on this problem, just visit HERE and download/try it for you yourself!

Raven

I was just about to post regarding this program. In any case, it's awesome. There are some very easy hotkeys which make it easy to rename entire albums on the fly. You can even connect to freeDB and it will automatically name your files if you wish. It supports ID3v1 and ID3v2 (up to 2.4).

It is also very fast, very small, and, it's free!

Odie :)

Back