• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bh-5 not working any more...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twister1234

Atm i have problems geting my kingston hyperx 3200 to work...

it was rock solid@248 fsb memtest(and its still),but in windows i get bluescreens even with 230 fsb(have run that stick @ 238 fsb for about half a year)...

If i only use my secondary stick i m stable @ 235 fsb-so its not my board...what could it be?
i allready took the hs off,and let a 92 mm fan blow over it-didnt work:(

Twister1234 said:
Atm i have problems geting my kingston hyperx 3200 to work...

it was rock solid@248 fsb memtest(and its still),but in windows i get bluescreens even with 230 fsb(have run that stick @ 238 fsb for about half a year)...

If i only use my secondary stick i m stable @ 235 fsb-so its not my board...what could it be?
i allready took the hs off,and let a 92 mm fan blow over it-didnt work:(

things wear out (heat, electomigration)

RAMMAN said:
you shouldnt sell faulty products on ebay.just what type of ram are you getting anyway?

hm-its still running 200 fsb and 11-2-2-2,so its running like it was sold by kingston.
i m not saying anything about how high the ram oc´s in my auction-so nothing to blame me for...

Im, getin that pqi-turbo pc4000 2,5-3-3-7

I think what they were trying to get at is the fact that someone may buy this ram based on it's general reputation. Most people actively looking for BH-5 are not looking for ram that will run at 200fsb. Ethically speaking, I think they were trying to say you should be honest about the ram's performance to the best of your knowledge, but it is your ram.

Kingston sells it as DDR400. They don't guarantee any overclock. There isn't anything wrong with selling it on ebay as long as you can guarantee stock speed/timings and specify that you cannot guarantee operation over specification. Then it's up to the buyer to decide on the level of risk.....

m :)

LMAO wow man great way yo rationalize a scam :D
ok if you wanna be good citizen sell it as Kingston HyperX PC3200 and dont mention BH-5 say I bought this XXX years ago...runs great someone will think its BH5 depending on when you said you bought it.

"BUYER BEWARE!"

Anytime you buy used you make a choice. That choice is that you are willing to take a chance on a product in order to save money vs the cost of a brand new item covered by a warranty. You make that choice whether you are buying a used car from a car lot, furniture from the classifieds or items off eBay.

The general expectation of high performing ram that a Buyer has when looking for bh-5 on eBay should be tempered by the question that should be in his/her mind which is "why is the Seller selling this item". It is the obligation of the Buyer to ask the right questions and the ethical responsibility of the Seller to answer truthfully, however it is not the Seller's responsibility to make and disclose a "laundry list" of everything that is no longer working the same as when the item was new, after all...it is being sold as a used item, not as a brand new item.

If you want to save money or acquire a hard to find item by buying used on eBay, that is your choice. Just don't expect "brand new and warranted to exceed your dreams" from the purchase of a "used" item. Once again...Buyer Beware!

The above statements are not being made to either support or to be critical of Twister 1234, but instead to alert Buyers to be wary, ask the right questions and not have overly high expectations when buying any used items. Actually, this applies to many new items, as well.

Show me where I can get BH5 new and I wont bid on his auction lol.

Who does a search for BH5? NO ONE other then overclockers if your advertising it as BH5 then your attracting a certain group.Mom and pop doesnt know what BH5 is..they wil see DDR 400 and run it stock,its like selling an AMD JIUHB advertising it to the geek and the thing doesnt overclock and its locked(which isnt possible)

Hey buy my car its a used Ferrari,oh yeah it doesnt go past 30 miles any more..but hey its used! you should of asked! I'm sorry you paid 200,00$ for it not fault...aint my job to list its specifications.

buy a 300$ ram to run it stock...would be better to buy 100$ value ram...its a scam...

His BH-5 may run at stock speeds forever. When Intel sells you a brand new CPU, they don't guarantee any overclock at all, and as we all know some of them don't. Electronics can fail be it new or used or may run forever new or used. When you buy used, you don't have anyone but yourself to blame if something goes wrong, even more so if you don't ask about what is being offered. Most sellers are pretty good about answering (gotta keep those positive reviews maximized you know!) I've just been there recently with a motherboard. The seller said it worked great, I took the risk, and it didn't work out. Bottom line is, it's my own fault, but his Heatware will bear the brunt. I didn't get ripped too hard on it, but won't buy used parts again....live and learn.....

m :)

Yes, I most definately should have asked you if your Ferrari not only went past 30, but went past 200, before I gave you 200,000 for it, if I didn't it wasn't your fault, it was mine.

Once again, Buyer Beware and if you haven't figured that out yet, you will in time.

Wake up this Christmas Day and smell the coffee. And leave the rose colored glasses at home.

Sellers are not going to give you a listing of everything that is wrong with an item, for that matter, they may not even know there is something wrong. In any event, when you buy, new or used, its the Buyer that needs to be Aware.

Not going to beat this to death so I'll just wish everyone a great day. Enjoy your friends and holidays and all the new toys that Santa brought you.

You do believe in Santa, right? Want to know why I am up at 4 A.M. this Christmas Day?

And as for where can you buy bh-5 new?

Well, for starters, ZipZoomFly has Kingston HyperX PC3000 in stock which I am 99% sure has bh-5 ICs. Another guy that hangs out here recently sent me a list of about 5 other places that were selling KHX PC3000. It is out there, just got to look. Just within the last month Mushkin was selling brand new PC3200 with bh-5. Its all over this forum and others. A month or so before that, Fry's Outpost had Kingston HyperX with bh-5 on sale (256 sticks). I bought 4 sticks..great find. Back in August Mushkin was selling another round of PC3200 with bh-5 and I bought 4 sticks...another nice find. However, back in September I bought 4 sticks from CompuVest - advertised as brand new, retail dual packs with the correct Kingston Product Code. Guess what? Refurbs...not from eBay but from a retailer, advertised as brand new, but I, the Buyer, got taken. It still worked out OK because they run fine, but again, I didn't do my homework on the reseller rating. My fault. If its too good to be true...well, you know the saying.

Last edited:
if someone pm´s me-and asks for windows stability-i wont lie at this...
but-like i said...it is stable up to 247 fsb in memtest-i m not sure,why windows gets errors(somewhere between 225-230 fsb is the max i can achieve in windows stable).

yeah-thought about that...but:
kingston pc3200 with bh-5=bluescreens after 3-5 mins prime @ 235 11-2-2-2-2 and 3,3 vdimm(testet 5 times)
my ocz with ch-5 @ 235 11-2-2-2 and 3,3 vdimm no bluescreens,prime stable for about 30 mins(think ch-5 @ this timings is hard to get primestable).

So i m not sure,could be,that my northbridge had taken damage when i switched to my thermalright n1-c nb cooler...
think i will not it in the new year-.-

Back