• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best MP3 Player Software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jabaro

Just wondering what everyone uses to play/organize/rip/burn/whatever their music. I've been using WMP10, but I'm not too happy with it.

Media Player baby! I use MPs taskbar feature to keep simple playing controls on my desktop without taking up space. I also have it set up so that when I pop in a music CD, it automatically rips it the way I want and pops the disc back out.

I used to use Musicmatch, even registered it and all, but I've moved away from it. Once my hard drive died and the version I used was not available (and I didn't have my registration code handy), I just didn't bother with it.

Winamp is also very good for playback, never used it for ripping though.

for ripping i use dBpowerAMP
for burning i use nero
to play movies, music and anything else. winamp (newest version) with a ton of added plugnins

to download my music.. u will never know. ..i usely just rip friends cds ... lol.. i got 9 gigs of just pure cd rips

To Rip CD's to MP3 For my AV Network or just listen to music, I use MusicMatch Jukebox.
But I use Nero to write.

Slackfumasta, I cant tell you how many times I have lost the registration number for MMJB, but if you Email them with some basic info they are usually quick to send your registration numbers back.

I have to recommend Exact Audio Copy to rip, and LAME to encode. Both are freeware.

Get it here.

Nero is also pretty good at ripping if you have the LAMEmp3 plugin.

Everything else has let me down.

Odie :)

Ripping cd's into mp3, Real Player 9
listening, Mindows media player 10 (gotta try to use it to make mp3's)
burning Nero 5.5

I use WinAmp for everything. M$ media player has so much crap that it bogs your computer down...WinAmp has all the features M$ media player does anyways. Not sure about any other programs.

Winamp for playing (way older version), audiograbber/w latest lame codec for ripping. Nero to burn.

For ripping I use WMP10 @256kb quality, for burning I use Nero.

As for the listening I use OpenMG since it is the only software that will burn music to my MP3 player.

I would use music match but the audioplayback on OpenMG is *SUPERB* and is better than anything Ive ever used <still to this day>. Its a hellova compliment seeing that ive used just about anything. But if I would have to rate them I would do the following:

<rated by audio quality not ease of use>

OpenMG
Winamp
SonicStage <newest version of Sony's media player, but I think it sux>
Real Jukebox
Music Match
Windows Media Player <distant last>

I primararly used Winamp for games since it uses almost zero CPU cycles, but its QUITE combersome for people with large libraries such as myself.

OpenMG is bloated but not as bad as Musicmatch or Real, and its audio quality is better than both of them combinded.

Its also reletively easy to navigate eventho it IS sony. Plus I gotta have it for my NetMD.

OpenMG:

openMG1.jpg

THose of you who know me well will NOT be suprised by my dubious music collection :D

Last edited:
WMP to rip em, winamp to play em, nero to burn em
I love winamp's Global Hotkeys, so you can play/pause/skip tracks by pressing ctrl+alt+(insert/home/pageup-down) no matter what you're doing. i listen to music while games are loading and stuff.

I use Winamp to listen.

I used WMP9, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to burn or use the media library in WMP10 (I decided to get it a few days ago).

Back